Processing of XML resources: 2 stages
The first stage of vocabulary processing can be accomplished by a single generic piece of software, the XML parser.
- XML parsers don't do much vocabulary processing yet.
First stage: vocabulary syntax processing and validation:
- Check for conformance of the XML resource to each of the vocabularies it uses, to see whether invalid names were used.
- Check for conformance to the structural model (DTD?) of each vocabulary used.
- Is each name used in a valid context with respect to the other names in the same namespace? Meanings of names may change with context!
- Check for conformance of data and attribute values to lexical models of valid data of each element/attribute in each vocabulary.